At Ted L. Smith & Associates, PLLC, we work hard to provide you with a thorough defense, no matter the criminal charges you’re facing. We’ve handled thousands of cases over more than two decades, and our good relationships with local prosecutors are key in leading up to a trial or settlement negotiation. Our vast experience means we know what to look for, who to talk to, and how to approach various complicated issues as we handle your case.
Contact our Hernando
criminal defense lawyer at
(662) 612-4058 to find out how we can help.
What Are My Rights?
If you or a loved one has been arrested for a crime, you may be feeling overwhelmed or unsure of what steps to take next. It’s important to remember that you still have rights when you’ve been charged with a felony or misdemeanor in Mississippi, and the experienced help of a criminal defense lawyer is vital.
When you’ve been arrested for a crime, you are legally entitled to certain rights. These rights may include:
- Your Miranda rights (the right to remain silent)
- The right to telephone an attorney, family member, or friend
- Knowledge that anything said can be used against you in court
- The right to have an attorney present during questioning
- The right to have an attorney present during a lineup
- A court-appointed attorney if you cannot afford one